New CDC guidelines regarding Delta variant of COVID-19
Dear Global Ventures community,
We have continued to monitor the Centers for Disease Control’s guidelines relating to the coronavirus pandemic. Unfortunately, the CDC has felt it necessary to update its guidance for fully vaccinated people in areas of high transmission of the Delta variant, and all of Florida is an area of high transmission. Some of the updated guidance is summarized below:
Guiding Principles for Fully Vaccinated People
- Outdoor activities pose minimal risk to fully vaccinated people.
- Most indoor activities pose low risk to fully vaccinated people, especially in areas with low or moderate transmission.
- Infections happen in only a small proportion of people who are fully vaccinated, even with the Delta variant.
- Fully vaccinated people who become infected with the Delta variant can transmit it to others.
- To reduce their risk of becoming infected with the Delta variant and potentially spreading it to others, CDC recommends that fully vaccinated people:
- Wear a mask in public indoor settings if they are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
- Fully vaccinated people might choose to mask regardless of the level of transmission, particularly if they or someone in their household is immunocompromised or at increased risk for severe disease, or if someone in their household is unvaccinated.
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Isolate if they have tested positive for COVID-19 in the prior 10 days or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Get tested 3-5 days after exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days after exposure or until they receive a negative test result.
- Continue to follow any applicable federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations.
You can find a longer discussion here. As you can see on the CDC COVID Data Tracker, all of the indicators in Palm Beach County are going in an unfavorable direction.
Currently, there are no governmental mandates regarding mask wearing or other precautions, but I strongly encourage you all to follow the following guidelines when in the Global Ventures suite:
- Wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility.
- Wear a mask when moving about common areas in the facility.
- Wash you hands frequently, especially after touching high tough surfaces such as door handles.
- Maintain social distance of 6 feet from other people where possible.
- Wear a mask when in meetings in enclosed spaces, especially with people whose vaccination status you are unsure of.
You will see my staff and I wearing masks around the facility for the foreseeable future, and we hope you’ll join us in trying to limit community spread of COVID-19 and the Delta variant.
Andrew Duffell, MBA
Research Park at Florida Atlantic University®
T +1 (561) 416-6092 Ext. 1402 | M +1 (561) 324-0727
E aduffell@Research-Park.org | W www.Research-Park.org
3651 FAU Boulevard | Suite 400 | Boca Raton | FL | 33431