Input requested based on new CDC guidance
Dear friends of the Research Park at FAU,
With the recently updated guidelines from the CDC, we’re considering a return to a live, in-person celebration.
Florida Department of Health data shows:
- the state’s positivity rate has been below 5% for at least 7 days
- Palm Beach County new cases number fewer than 300 per day so far in May
- Broward County new cases number fewer than 500 per day so far in May
- 676,396 people in Broward County have been fully vaccinated, representing approximately 35% of the County's population.
- 539,666 people in Palm Beach County have been fully vaccinated, representing approximately 36% of the County's population.
If the positivity rate stays at or below 5%, new cases continue at this lower level and vaccinations continue to increase, I think we can safely hold an indoor/outdoor in-person event in September. Many people have expressed a desire to get back together and to celebrate our entrepreneurs’ work, and meet our new innovators.
What do you, our stakeholders think? Please take a moment to give us your input.
Andrew Duffell, MBA
Research Park at Florida Atlantic University®
T +1 (561) 416-6092 Ext. 1402 | M +1 (561) 324-0727
E aduffell@Research-Park.org | W www.Research-Park.org
3651 FAU Boulevard | Suite 400 | Boca Raton | FL | 33431
Florida Atlantic Research and Development Authority is an independent special district organized under Chapter 159, Part V Florida Statutes operating as the Research Park at Florida Atlantic University®.
Note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications regarding Research Park at FAU and FARDA business are public records and may therefore be subject to public disclosure.